1927 Collin County Courthouse

Dublin Core

Description

In 1927, Collin County built a new, modern courthouse in downtown McKinney. By 1928, the courthouse hosted the library on the third floor with Miss Geneva Horn as the librarian. It cost families $1 per year for a membership to the library. With a membership, library patrons could check out up to three books and ten magazines for two weeks. Needing more space after John E. Wilson willed his 400 books to the library and be more accessible to the public, in 1929, the library moved to southwest corner of the courthouse's basement.

Date

Files

CourthousePostalAddress.1931.png

Tags

Citation

“1927 Collin County Courthouse,” McKinney Public Library Digital History, accessed April 23, 2024, https://mckinneylibrary.omeka.net/items/show/902.